Register FAQ Memberlist Search Linoma Software Forum Index

Linoma Software Forum Index -> Surveyor/400 -> Can I speed up the library tree view?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic 
Can I speed up the library tree view?
PostPosted: 08/18/05 03:04:53 PM Reply with quote
Support
Site Admin

Question
When I drill down into the tree view of a library to view all of the physical files or logicals, it can take as long as 2 full minutes to expand the list. Is there anyway to speed this up?

Answer
There really isn't a way to speed things up if you have a large number of files in that library but there are other quicker ways of accessing a physical or logical file.

First, if you aren't already doing so, use the Fast Path screen (lightning bolt icon) to work with your files. Simply type in the file name (physical or logical) and the library (and if you have multiple systems, select the correct system) and click the button for the operation you want to perform on the file. The drop down arrow to the right of the object will save the last 10 objects you worked with for quick retrieval.

You could also use the File Groups screen. If you have a group of files that you work with often or can categorize in some way, put them into File Groups. You can do this via the Fast Path or with a right-click on the file. Then you can quickly access the File Groups and the files in them by clicking on the File Groups icon on the toolbar.

Another way you might want to try accessing the files is by using the File Search screen (first binoculars icon). You can filter your criteria and when your results are presented you can right-click on the file to select the task.
Can I speed up the library tree view?
  Linoma Software Forum Index -> Surveyor/400
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum