Register FAQ Memberlist Search Linoma Software Forum Index

Linoma Software Forum Index -> Surveyor/400 -> Can I automate Surveyor/400 transfers using my PC scheduler?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic 
Can I automate Surveyor/400 transfers using my PC scheduler?
PostPosted: 07/15/05 02:44:15 PM Reply with quote
Support
Site Admin

First you must define the transfer (import, export, or converting spooled file) within Surveyor/400 and save the transfer specification to your PC. The destination of the export or the source for the import can be on your PC or a mapped network drive.

Open up your PC scheduling program. If you are using the Windows scheduler,, go to Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Scheduled Tasks. Double-click on ?Add Scheduled Task?. Select the Surveyor.exe from the list of applications. Choose surveyor.exe from the list and not Surveyor.ico. Give the transfer a name and set the frequency of the transfer. You may also have to enter your user ID and password to your PC in case you?re not logged on. You will get a confirmation message saying the task has been scheduled. Check the box that says to ?Open Advanced Properties for this task when I click Finish.? If you forget to check this option, you can right click on the task and select Properties. Add the command line options to the ?Run? field after the Surveyor executable. You will need to enter the transfer command and then the path in quotes. Here is an example of the command to run a database export: "C:\Program Files\Linoma Software\Surveyor\Surveyor.exe" -exportdb "C:\Documents and Settings\bpick\My Documents\testdemo.exp"

Review the Surveyor/400 Help text within Surveyor/400 for more tips and examples of how to automate data transfers.
Can I automate Surveyor/400 transfers using my PC scheduler?
  Linoma Software Forum Index -> Surveyor/400
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum