|Joined: 12 Mar 2004|
|Location: Omaha, NE||
|If you do not wish to retain the data stored in the Surveyor library, just install Surveyor as a new install. The Surveyor library contains the following data: File Layouts, Layout Authority, Library Lists, User Access Authorities, and FTP Logs.
If you wish to retain this data, follow the below steps.
Note: Instead of using save files you may use a different device such as a tape drive.
- Create a save file on the old system. CRTSAVF FILE(QGPL/SURVFILE)
- Save the Surveyor licensed program. SAVLICPGM LICPGM(4SURVEY)
DEV(*SAVF) OPTION(*BASE) CHKSIG(*NONE) SAVF(QGPL/SURVFILE) TGTRLS(V5R1M0) CLEAR(*ALL) DTACPR(*YES)
- Create a save file on the new system. CRTSAVF FILE(QGPL/SURVFILE)
- Transfer the save file to the new system. If the old and new systems can communicate using FTP
you may be able to use the below command where 192.168.1.01 is the IP address of the new system.
SURVEYOR/FTPF LSYSTEM('old system') RSYSTEM('192.168.1.01') USER(MyUserId) PASSWD(MyPassord) FFILE((PUT QGPL/SURVFILE QGPL/SURVFILE)) TRANTYPE(*BINARY)
- Restore the save file. RSTLICPGM LICPGM(4SURVEY) DEV(*SAVF) OPTION(*BASE) SAVF(QGPL/SURVFILE)
- Start Surveyor using the -installtools option. Open a command prompt and enter the bold commands.
C:\>cd\program files\linoma software\surveyor
C:\Program Files\Linoma Software\Surveyor>surveyor -installtools
- Right-click on the new system(add it now if you have not already done so).
If a connection is made and a menu appears.
- Select 'Declare Surveyor Procedures'
- Right-click on the new system and select 'Upload Surveyor IFS Files'
If you get a message that says 'Surveyor is not installed, would you like to install it?'
- Select 'Yes'
- Another message will appear that will tell you that a Surveyor Library exits and will give you three options 'Refresh', 'Continue', 'Abort'
- Select 'Refresh'