To downgrade the iSeries from 3.7 to 3.6 you will have to go back to Library version 3.1.8 and IFS version 3.6.18. It is not necessary to downgrade your client version to 3.6. First download the file surveyor3_6_18_update.zip which contains all of the IFS files. Then download upgrd03000108.savf which is a save file of various objects in the Surveyor library.
Downgrading the IFS version:
Downgrading the Library version:
- Extract the files in the surveyor3_6_18_update.zip to a temporary folder.
- Open Surveyor.
- Double click on the iSeries.
- Double click on the yellow IFS folder and navigate to the /linoma/surveyor subfolder.
- Delete all of the files within it.
- Right-click on the /linoma/surveyor folder and select ‘Copy From Workstation’.
- Navigate to the temporary folder and select all of the files (you can use ctrl-a to do this). The IFS version should now be 3.6.18.
- Transfer the upgrd03000108.savf. You will need to transfer this file into an existing save file. If you have done past updates you may have one named SURVEYOR/UPGRADE. If you do not you can create it using this command - CRTSAVF FILE(SURVEYOR/UPGRADE).
- Drill down into the Surveyor library and under Object Filters click on Save Files. Right-click on the UPGRADE save file, and select 'FTP from Workstation'. Select the upgrd03000108.savf. (You could optionally type the name of the save file into the Fast Path and press the FTP button.)
- After transferring the file, use command RSTOBJ OBJ(*ALL) SAVLIB(SURVEYOR) DEV(*SAVF) SAVF(SURVEYOR/UPGRADE).