|Joined: 12 Mar 2004|
|Location: Omaha, NE||
|Tips for converting Infor (APLUS) software to FREE FORM using the RPG Toolbox by Linoma Software.
Technical Tips for V6 (RPGIV and ILE)
1. Since V6 is compiled to be fully ILE compliant it is important that all programs RPGLE and CLLE be compiled with a named activation group. All programs shipped as part of V6 will be compiled with a named activation group of APLUS. When an APLUS program is compiled it should always be compiled with an activation group of APLUS.
Having programs that are running in different activation groups within the same job can cause file overrides and/or open data paths to be unavailable to a program called by the program that performs the override or opens the data path.
2. Additionally, all file overrides in base V6 CLLE programs have had the following parameter added to all OVRDBF and OVRPRTF commands.
And the following parameter added to all DLTOVR commands.
This also works to insure that file overrides and open data paths would be available to any OPM (pre-ILE) custom programs that may get called in a given job.
3. When applying customer modifications to base APLUS programs during a V6 upgrade it is recommended that the following method be followed.
a. Use Linoma Software?s RPGIV conversion tool RPGTOOLBOX to convert the previous release modified programs to RPGIV in the /free format.
b. Apply the custom modifications to the base V6 code.
To obtain a copy of the RPGTOOLBOX software contact Linoma Software and be sure to mention that you are a daly.commerce Application Plus customer or business partner.
You can contact Linoma in one of the following ways:
1. Phone Toll Free at (800) 949-4696.
2. Send an email to email@example.com
3. Visit http://www.linomasoftware.com/products/rpgtoolbox/index.html to obtain a trial version of the RPG toolbox
When using the RPG toolbox to migrate your modified programs to RPGIV use the following command structure to insure that the source code best matches the base V6 source programs.
RPGTOOLBOX/RPGWIZ FROMFILE(&ILEIN/&FROMFILE) +
FROMMBR(&PGM) FROMTYPE(&SRCTYP) +
TOFILE(&ILEOUT/&TOFILE) REPLACE(*YES) +
FMTCALC(*FREE) FILEBIF(*YES) +
CVTADDSUB(*YES) CVTMULT(*YES) +
CVTDIV(*YES) CVTLOOKUP(*YES) +
CVTSCAN(*YES) CVTENTRY(*YES2) +
CVTCALL(*YES2) HIGHCOMM(*NO) +
CMTDESIG(*SLASHES) CASESPECTP(*LEAVE) +
CASELOGICO(*LOWER) CASELOGICN(*LOWER) +
CASECMTIN(*LOWER) CASECMTRH(*LOWER) +