|Joined: 12 Mar 2004|
|Location: Omaha, NE||
|During install, if you have problems during the "Connecting FTP" or "Sending Save File" steps, which automatically transfers the license code to the iSeries using FTP, you can transfer the license code manually.
1. Make sure the save file 'SURVEYSF' exists in QGPL. If it exists clear the save file with the following iSeries command:
CLRSAVF FILE(QGPL/SURVEYSF). If not, create it with the following iSeries command: CRTSAVF FILE(QGPL/SURVEYSF)
2.With a Zip utility such as WinZip, open the 'licpgm.jar' file located in the 'lib' subdirectory of directory where you installed Surveyor/400.
3.Extract the file "risc0" from 'licpgm.jar' into a temporary directory. In this example, we'll use 'c:\temp' for the temporary directory.
4.Open a Command Prompt(DOS) window and type 'cd c:\temp'
5. In the same Command Prompt(DOS) window, use the 'ftp' command in Windows, to transfer 'risc0.savf' into SURVEYSF in QGPL. Be sure to use the 'bin' command to change to binary mode. You may use the IP address or domain name of your iSeries with the FTP command. Below is a sample FTP session. Sections in bold represent user input:
Connected to YOUR.IP.HERE.
220-QTCP at ISERIES.
220 Connection will close if idle more than 5 minutes.
User (YOUR.IP.HERE:(none)): userid
331 Enter password.
230 USERID logged on.
200 Representation type is binary IMAGE.
ftp> put risc0.savf qgpl/surveysf.savf
200 PORT subcommand request successful.
150 Sending file to member SAVF in file SURVEYSF in library QGPL.
250 File transfer completed successfully.
2555520 bytes sent in 3.35 seconds (762.84 Kbytes/sec)
221 QUIT subcommand received.
If the install process went through the "Creating Stored Procedures" process, enter following iSeries command from a command prompt.: RSTLICPGM LICPGM(4SURVEY) DEV(*SAVF) OPTION(*BASE) SAVF(QGPL/SURVEYSF).
If the install process did not go through the "Creating Stored Procedures" process, or you are not sure, go back to Surveyor/400 and try the install again. When Surveyor/400 detects that the QGPL/SURVEYSF save file already exists, it will ask you if you would like to use the existing save file or replace it. Press "No" to use the existing save file which contains the risc0 save file you just transferred from your workstation.
After the install completes, if the QGPL/SURVEYSF file was not removed, you may delete it with the iSeries command:
Note: If you are having trouble with FTP see the tips below.
- Make sure your FTP server is started. STRTCPSVR SERVER(*FTP).
- Make sure you are using .savf after the risc0 and surveysf files.
- Maybe try an alternate syntax:
put risc0.savf /qsys.lib/qgpl.lib/surveysf.savf
- Do not have the save file open using the DSPSAVF command while trying to FTP
If you cannot use FTP, see topic Transferring a save file without using FTP