Crypto Complete - Key Management
Symmetric Key Cryptology (also known as Secret Key or Private Key Cryptology) is a form of cryptology in which the same Key can be used to encrypt and decrypt data.
Symmetric Keys must be strong enough for the intended application. Because the strength of the Symmetric Key is determined by its length, the longer the key, the harder it is for high-speed computers to break the code. Within Crypto Complete, Symmetric Keys can be generated up to 256 bit lengths to provide a high level of protection.
The Symmetric Key values must be kept secret to prevent unauthorized decryption of sensitive data. Controls must therefore exist to protect the confidentiality and access to the Symmetric Keys. Crypto Complete provides an integrated and comprehensive Symmetric Key Management System to establish those controls, which is critical for meeting stringent compliance standards such as PCI DSS.
Crypto Complete's Symmetric Key Management System allows organizations to:
- Establish policy settings on how Symmetric Keys can be created and utilized
- Indicate which users can create and manage Symmetric Keys
- Randomly generate strong Symmetric Keys
- Protect Symmetric Keys using Master Encryption Keys
- Dual Control - Protect the recreation of a Master Encryption Key by requiring passphrases from 2 to 8 users
- Organize Symmetric Keys into one or more Key Stores
- Restrict access to Key Stores using IBM i object authority
- Restrict the retrieval of the actual Symmetric Key values
- Provide separation of duties (i.e. the creator of a Symmetric Key can be restricted from using the Key to encrypt and/or decrypt data)
- Control which users can utilize Symmetric Keys to encrypt and decrypt data
- Produce detailed audit logs
The IBM i is also referred to as iSeries, AS/400, AS400 and i5