Files that you use most often can be put in a file group for quick access. File groups also make it easy to track file size changes over time.
Demonstrates a group of files stored under a group named DEMOGROUP
- Add a file to the group from the visual tree, file search or file properties screen
- Each user can have multiple file groups
- One file group can span over multiple IBM i
- The list of files in a group can be exported to the clipboard or to a PC file
- The list of files in a group can be printed
- Any file listed in a group can be acted upon through its right-click popup menu (properties, edit, FTP, export, etc.)
Information shown for each file in a group:
- File name, library and IBM i system located on
- Date when the file was added to the group or when the group was refreshed
- Size of the file when it was added to the group or when the group was refreshed
- Current size of the file and the percentage of growth since the last reference point
- Additional file information, such as creation date, last used date, created by user, etc.