No longer will you need to key in multiple IBM i commands and wade through cumbersome character-based screens to view information on your files. Through the use of Surveyor/400's tabbed screen, file information is displayed in a simple and logical environment.
Demonstrates the authority for a physical file, showing both its Library and Object authority
- Select file to work with from the visual tree, file search, fast path, file groups screen or by directly typing its name.
- General tab shows general information for the file - similar to DSPFD information
- Object tab shows object description information for the file - similar to DSPOBJD information
- Fields tab shows the fields defined in the file - similar to DSPFFD information
- DBR tab shows database relations for the file (dependent logicals) - similar to DSPDBR information
- Triggers tab shows the triggers for the file - similar to PRTTRGPGM information
- Constraints tab shows the referential integrity constraints for a file - similar to WRKPFCST information
- Authority tab shows both the library and object authority for a file - similar to DSPOBJAUT information
- DDS tab shows the DDS source code for a file - based on the service data in the object description
- Locks tab shows any locks on a file - similar to WRKOBJLCK information. You can send a break message to the person with the lock by right-clicking on the lock.
- Members tab shows the members in a file - similar to DSPFD members information
- Formats tab shows the record formats in a file - similar to DSPFD formats information
- Preview tab shows the data in a file - similar to DSPPFM information