Transfer objects from one iSeries to another or between the IBM i and workstation using Surveyor/400's graphical FTP to feature. Just right-click the objects you want to send and select the FTP option. Objects sent to another IBM i can also be submitted through a batch job.
Demonstrates a request to FTP a library to another iSeries
- Honors any existing IBM i FTP security, including exit programs
- Access to FTP can be restricted by user id
- Select the object(s) to FTP from the visual tree, file search, object search, fast path or file groups screen
- FTP to Workstation - Objects and libraries can be transferred to the workstation, using a customizable SAVOBJ or SAVLIB command.
- Send most object types, including complete libraries
- Uses Save files to allow multiple objects to be sent at one time and to retain their characteristics
- Override the target library for restoring the objects into
- Optionally send database files as raw data
- Duplicate objects into other libraries on the same IBM i
- FTP to IBM i can be run interactively, immediately in batch or scheduled in batch for a later date/time
- Indicates if the FTP request completed normally
- Complete logging of all Surveyor/400 FTP activity - keeps detailed FTP conversations
- Full error reporting