A Visual Tree is Surveyor/400's main interface, similar to Microsoft’s Windows Explorer. Almost any item in the tree can be drilled into to show more details about the item.
Demonstrates how fields for a physical file have been expanded out on the right side of the tree
- All IBM i servers in your TCP/IP network can be listed in the tree
- An IBM i can be expanded to show its libraries, integrated file system and file editor layouts
- Libraries can be expanded to show their physicals, logicals, DDM files and stored procedures
- Physicals can be expanded to show their fields, formats, journals, logicals, members, triggers and RI constraints
- Logicals can be expanded to show their fields, formats, journals and members
- Most items in the tree can be acted upon by using right-click popup menus